[ the actual title of this page:]
The Party of "Family Values" ?
People who think that church attendance and conservative values equals moral behavior, and that the opposite equals immorality, also tend to believe that conservative (i.e. good) people belong in the Republican Party and that "the Democrat Party" is the party of immoral, liberal, "Godless" people.
Despite the graphs and charts below, which tend to support that view of reality, we will show on this page how completely and utterly false and mistaken that view is:
[ from http:/pewforum.org/docs/?DocID=240 ]
"All hat, no cattle" ?
In "pastor" Cruz's bible, the IXth commandment is "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor, UNLESS they are Democrats, in which case, tell the most monstrous lies about them that you can possibly dream up!"
This "pastor" was no doubt livid over the Obama administration's embrace of gays in the military and its endorsement of same-sex marriage. Although they imagined that the "Defense of Marriage Act" came from the hand of God, it was actually authored by the conservative Christian Republican Congressman, Bob Barr, who was a real expert on marriage, having been married four times, after three divorces.
Pastor Cruz is no slouch, however. Like his conservative buddies, Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani, Roger Ailes and Rush Limbaugh, he's been married three times, after two divorces. These are people who constantly rant and rave over the urgency of America getting back to the foundation documents of their religion (the Bible) and their country (the Constitution). But what good does all that "lip service" do, when their actions speak so much louder than their words?
The outstanding Nov. 2013 Daily Beast article reported The Six Craziest Quotes From Ted Cruz's Father, Rafael Cruz.
- 1) "Marxist Obama should go “back to Kenya.” Sept. 2012 at a North Texas Tea Party Meeting
- 2) "The government is going to take all of your money". April 2013 at Hood County, Texas
- 3) "Obama has no problem with murder" Apr. 2013 at Hood County, Texas
- 4) "Barack Obama is just like Fidel Castro" July 2013 at FreedomWorks’ Free the People Event, Salt Lake City, Utah
- 5) "The media is evil and wants to destroy this country" Oct. 2013 in Interview with Glenn Beck
- 6) "Gay marriage is a government conspiracy" Aug. 2013 at Family Leadership Summit in Ames, Iowa
- 7) "Our enemies control our energy" Oct., 2012 at Grassroots America We the People (GAWTP), Tyler, Texas
- 5. Cruz said President Obama’s “agenda is to bring us down to a third-world country” and wants a “redistribution of wealth on a global basis.”
- 6. Cruz said Obama’s first act when inaugurated “was to rescind that ban on third-trimester abortions”
- 7. Cruz says death panels are a real part of Obamacare and that a panel of bureaucrats will tell you to “go home and die” if it is too expensive to save you.
- 9. Cruz says political correctness kept John McCain from saying that Obama is a Muslim.
- 18. Cruz says that “blacks … need to understand that this administration has not done anything for black people,” and that the administration uses minorities “as pawns.”
- 23. Cruz says that Obama “is a tyrant … who wants to rule us not different than King George was ruling” before the American Revolution.
- 25. Cruz says that Obama talks about “freedom of worship” instead of “freedom of religion” because he is trying “to eradicate religion, outside the four walls of the church.”
- 28. Cruz says “the tentacles of communism have been infiltrated all across this land,” that “it was very, very clear” in 2008 that Obama “was a socialist,” and calls Michelle Obama a “master of manipulation” who leaves listeners “mesmerized.”29. Cruz says that Obama leaves the words “under God” out of the Pledge of Allegiance because he “is a man who seeks to destroy all concept of God,” in accordance with “classical Marxist philosophy.”
- 34. Cruz says that “a group of sexual deviants in this country, which compose maybe 2 to 3% of the population” are “driving the political agenda in this country.”
- 36. Cruz says that “the Greens of today are the Reds of the last generation,” and that “the whole environmental movement is nothing more than just an insidious thing to destroy this country.”
- 37. Cruz says that “if there are two entities of the federal government that have done more harm to destroy America, to destroy our economy, it is the EPA and the Endangered Species Act.”
- 38. Cruz tells parents to “do what you can to get your kids out of public school,” because they’re being given “a brainwashing no different than what has happened in the Marxist countries for generations.
- 39. Cruz says that “government legislates morality all the time,” but “if it is the wicked that are governing, what they are legislating is their immorality.”
- 43. Cruz says that black people and Latinos vote Democratic because they are “low-information voters” whom Republicans “have to educate.”
- 46. Cruz says that “the average black” does not understand “how all the handouts to blacks have kept blacks … in the poorhouse.”
- 47. Cruz says that “there’s nothing scientific about evolution,” but “evolution is one of the strongest tools of Marxism, because if they can convince you that you came from a monkey, it’s much easier to convince you that God does not exist.”
- 8. Cruz says that “all of this anti-Christian rhetoric that you see coming from the government” is part of “an effort to make you realize that God is your government.”
- 54. Cruz says that the “end-of-life” counseling provisions in Obamacare are actually about providing the elderly with “suicide counseling.”
- 55. Cruz says that the government “created a drought in Southern California” to protect a “little minnow,” because “Agenda 21 is all about … the worship of Mother Earth.”
- 56. Cruz says that “Obamacare is all about … controlling our lives, controlling one-fifth of the economy, and controlling every bit of your life.”
- 57. Cruz says that “the death panels are in Obamacare” — and that because “this panel will be independent of Congress, independent of the president — it will become a dictatorship within a dictatorship.”
- 60. Cruz says that “the only Hispanics that are in favor of amnesty are the illegals.”
- 61. Hillary Clinton's book ‘It takes a village to raise a child.’ means your children are not your children — they belong to the community. They want to destroy the family also. It’s very insidious. And that culture of dependency leads to a life of slavery, being totally dependent upon government.
- 62 "In Houston, Texas, in the heart of the Bible Belt, . . .that city council passed an ordinance that, if the football team in the high school decides that they want to shower with the girls, and the girls complain, the girls can be sued."
- 65. Cruz says “the EPA is controlling almost every aspect of our lives” and if the left had their “they would do away with the whole Bill of Rights.”
- 66. Cruz says climate change is all “hocus-pocus” and “the only thing it’s done is made Al Gore a multi-millionaire.” Cruz says climate change is used as a “way to curtail growth, to destroy the growth, exploration.”
- 68. Cruz says people become slaves to government “through taxation, through regulation, through all kinds of restrictions, that makes us not free anymore.”
(If anyone knows of anything comparable that is more up to date, please let me know at email at the bottom of any of my web pages.)
While Jesus never raised a single objection
to either abortion or homosexuality, he
spoke out very energetically against divorce.
So why has divorce almost become
a badge of honor among Republicans,
while they complain incessantly
about abortion and homosexuality?
If Jesus had any influence on his followers in America today, are these the kind of people that he would recommend that they choose, all of them divorced three times, and married four times:
- Morton Downey, Jr., the pioneer of angry G.O.P. radio & T.V. ?
- Congressman Bob Barr, the author of D.O.M.A. (the Defense of Marriage Act)?
- Steve Bannon, ("Donald Trump's brain") who claims to be a conservative Catholic
had already married and divorced three times by the year 2012?
- When Republican Arnold Schwarzenegger wanted to jump from Hollywood to California's governor's mansion, and many charges were swirling that he was a philandering cheat, he might well have lost that race, had it not been for his liberal Democratic wife, Maria Shriver, coming to his rescue and defusing that issue.
Now, however, it turns out that the truth was much worse than the charges made at the time. He had already fathered a child with a mistress and that woman remained part of his household help throughout most of his 25 year marriage to Maria!
He later wrote a book about his infidelities and lies, and gave an interview reported about them at CNN http:/www.cnn.com/2012/09/30/us/schwarzenegger-interview/index.html "Schwarzenegger admits habit of keeping secrets, including multiple affairs."
- Ronald Reagan – divorced the mother of two of his
children to marry Nancy, who delivered their daughter only 7 months into the marriage.
- Gerald Ford – married to Betty (a divorcee).
- Sen. Bob Dole – divorced the mother of his child, who
had nursed him through the long recovery from his war wounds, to marry "Liddy".
- If you think George H.W. Bush was a model of virtue, check out this Washington Times exposé, which continues to be "covered up" by the (liberal?) mainstream media to this day.
- Sen. Phil Gramm of Texas – divorced & remarried.
- Sen. John Ensign of Nevada, confessed to long term cheating on his wife with his chief of staff's wife.
- Sen. Larry Craig pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct in an airport bathroom homosexual sting operation.
- Sen. Lauch Faircloth – divorced & remarried.
- Sen. Alfonse D'Amato of New York – divorced & remarried.
- Sen. John McCain of Arizona – divorced & remarried.
- Anita Bryant's 20 year marriage to fellow evangelical homophobe Bob Green ended in divorce in1980, because of "emotional abuse and latent suicidal thoughts".
- Sen. John Warner of Virginia – twice divorced (once married to Liz Taylor.).
- Newt Gingrich – divorced the mother of his two daughters, while she was dying of cancer. He then went on to marry again, divorce again, and marry again in the one of the most prestigious Roman Catholic houses of worship in the country, the National Shrine, in the nation's capital, after Gingrich abandonned his Baptist faith for the faith of that 3rd wife.
- Gingrich's boss, FOX News owner Rupert Murdoch, who was a Roman Catholic earlier in his life, was also married three times and divorced twice.
"(Keith) Rupert Murdoch. Born Melbourne 11th March 1931. Roman Catholic".
[ http:/www.kittybrewster.com/ancestry/murdoch.htm ]
[ http:/www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/world/2011/0716/1224300822182.html ]
- Dick Armey – House Majority Leader – divorced & remarried.
- Republican ex-congressman Bob Barr of Georgia Barr, now in his 50's, has been married three times. Barr had the audacity to author and push the "Defense of Marriage Act."
- Rep. Helen Chenoweth of Idaho – divorced & remarried.
- Gov. & ex-Rep. John Kasich of Ohio – divorced & remarried.
- Rep. Susan Molinari of New York – Republican
National Convention Keynote Speaker – divorced & remarried.
- Henry Kissinger – divorced & remarried.
- Gov. Mark Sanford admitted to long-term affair and neglect of his duties.
- Gov. George Allen of Virginia – divorced & remarried.
- ex-Gov. John Engler of Michigan – divorced & remarried.
- ex-Gov. Pete Wilson of California – divorced & remarried.
- ex-Gov. John Roland of Connecticut – divorced
(imprisoned for corruption after resigning in shame).
- George Will – divorced & remarried.
- "Twice-wed Conservative Republican Ernest Borgnine married thrice-wed Broadway diva Ethel Merman in 1964. Their marriage was dissolved after 32 days. They had announced their impending nuptials at the legendary New York night spot P.J. Clarke's, but Borgnine, who was riding high as the star of "McHale's Navy" (1962) at the time, said the marriage began unraveling on their honeymoon, when he received more fan attention than she did. The competitive Merman was left seething. "By the time we got home, it was hell on earth," Borgnine recalled in a 2001 interview. "And after 32 days I said to her, 'Madam, bye.'" Borgnine went on to marry a third time, but Merman remained single after her divorce.
In her 1978 biography, she devoted a chapter of her autobiography to the marriage: It consisted of one blank page."
[ http:/www.imdb.com/name/nm0000308/bio ]
- According to his Wikipedia page, although he has only married twice, Clint Eastwood has seven children by five different women. This is the Hollywood star the Republican Party chose to speak shortly before their presidential candidate, Mitt Romney, did on August 30, 2012.
- Rush Limbaugh – Rush (30-pill a day drug addict) and his latest wife, Marta,
have six marriages and six divorces between them.
- Dr. Laura Schlessinger, right wing conservative radio host. Promotes family values, estranged from her mother, opposes birth control, has had her tubes tied, espouses saving oneself for marriage, admits to having had sex before she was married, opposes adultery, has committed adultery while she was married, and has slept with a married man, opposes divorce, is divorced and remarried, has posed for nude photos which are available online.
- Although Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas has been an ultra-conservative judgmental Catholic in most respects, he has been uncharacteristically liberal when it came to his own "sacrament of holy matrimony". Two years after divorcing the mother of his one child, a Catholic woman whom he had married 13 years earlier, he took a second wife - something which conservative Catholics like judge Thomas often condemn, at least for those who don't have the prestige that Thomas enjoys.-
- Another ferocious Catholic "defender of marriage", Bill Donahue, President of The Catholic League, is divorced, Now there may of may not be any hypocrisy involved here. IMHO, I doubt that this part of Donahue's life be shrouded in such secrecy if this particular divorce (and remarriage?), were not shameful. It's never too late for Donahue to clear up this matter.
Republicans like the following are rare exceptions:
- Ultra-conservative Surgeon General C. Everett Koop was married 68 years when his first wife died in 2007.
- Ultra-conservative actor and political activist, Charlton Heston, was married 64 years, when he died in 2008.
- Ultra-conservative leader Francis Schaeffer and his wife Edith were married 49 years until their divorce in 1984.
- Actor Jimmy Stewart was married 45 years when his wife died in 1994.
I've found all of the above on my own, but I'll be happy to add more, regardless of who brings them to my attention.
Now, on the other hand, these
are the kinds of "godless liberal" celebrities
and/or politicans that the Democratic Party
attracts and choses as its leaders :
If any correcctions need to be made to any of the following, please use my email at the bottom of this page to notify me, as I am a stickler for accuracy and truth.
- Calif. Gov. Pat Brown married for 72 years when his wife died in 2002.
- Sen. Robert Byrd of W. Va. married for almost 69 years when his wife died in 2006.
- Folk Music legend and activist Pete Seeger married for 69 years when his wife died in 2013.
- Sen. & presidential candidate George McGovern married for 64 years when his wife died in 2007.
- Sen. & presidential candidate John Glenn married for 76 years when he died in 2016.
- Journalist Walter Cronkite married for 64 years when his wife died in 2005.
- Famous campaign finance activist "Granny D" Haddock married for 64 years when her husband died.
- Pres. Jimmy Carter married for 74 years as of 2020.
- Sen. Howard Metzenbaum married for 63 years, when he died in 2008.
- Former Attorney General & activist Ramsey Clark married for 61 years when his wife died in 2010.
- CBS Journalist Andy Rooney was married for 62 years when his wife died in 2004.
- Former NY governor Mario Cuomo married for 61 years when he died in 2015.
- Journalist Bill Moyers married for 65 years as of 2020.
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Joan Bader Ginsburg married for 56 years when her husband died in 2010.
- Sargent Shriver married for 56 years when his famous liberal wife Eunice Kennedy died in 2009.
- The Kennedy family parents, Joseph & Rose Kennedy, were married for 55 years when Joe died in 1969.
- Supreme Court Justice William J. Brennan, Jr. married for 54 years when wife died in 1982.
- Journalist Dan Rather married for 63 years as of 2020.
- Actor & Activist Alan Alda married for 64 years as of 2020.
- Sen. Gary Hart married for 62 years as of 2020.
- Actor & Activist Martin Sheen married for 59 years as of 2020.
- U.S. Sen. Barbara Boxer has been married to her first and only husband, Stewart Boxer for for 47 years, as of 2019.
- Pres. Harry Truman married for 53 years when he died in 1972.
- Sen. & V.P. Walter Mondale married for 53 years when wife died in 2008.
- Sen. Harry Reid married for 61 years as of 2020.
- Speaker Nancy Pelosi married for 57 years as of 2020.
- Billionaire Warren Buffett married for 52 years when 1st wife died in 2004.
- Journalist Ted Koppel married for 57 years as of 2020.
- V.P. Henry Wallace married for 51 years when he died in 1965.
- Sen. Wayne Morse married for 50 years when he died in 1974* (see note below).
- Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall married for 48 years to 2nd wife when he died in 1993.
- Rev. Jesse Jackson married for 58 years as of 2020.
- Sen. Patrick Leahy married for 58 years as of 2020.
- Comedian Bob Newhart married for 57 years as of 2020.
- Gov. Michael Dukakis (presidential candidate) married for 57 years as of 2020.
- Rep. Charlie Rangel married for 56 years as of 2020.
- Former Speaker Dick Gephardt married for 54 years as of 2020.
- Comedian Billy Chrystal married for 50 years as of 2020.
- Sen. Dick Durbin married for 53 years as of 2020.
- Sen. Tom Harkin married for 52 years as of 2020.
- Congressman John Lewis was married for 51 years when he died in 2020.
- Sen. Pat Moynihan married for 46 years when he died in 2001.
- The noted liberal parents of Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan, Robert & Gloria Kagan,
had been married for 44 years when Gloria died in 2008 (in her sixties).
- Former NY governor Al Smith married for 44 years when he and his wife died in 1944.
- Jody Powell (Jimmy Carter's press secretary) married for 43 years
when he died at age 65 in 2009.
- Journalist Daniel Schorr married for 43 years when he died in 2010.
- Sen. Hubert Humphrey married for 42 years when he died in 1978.
- Historian Doris Kearns Goodwin married for 44 years as of 2020.
- Sen. Al Franken married for 45 years as of 2020.
- Pres. Franklin D. Roosevelt married for 40 years when he died in 1945.
- Sen. Paul Simon married for 40 years when his 1st wife died in 2000.
- Al & Tipper Gore were married for 40 years when they divorced in 2010.
- Pres. Lyndon Johnson married for 39 years when he died in 1973.
- Sen. Paul Wellstone married for 39 years when he & his wife died tragically in 2002.
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein was married for 16 prior to her previous husband's death,
and has been happily married to Richard C. Blum, for 40+ years since then, as of 2020.
- Sen. Chuck Schumer has been married to his first wife, Iris, for for 40 years as of 2020.
- Sen. and V.P. Joe Biden for 43 years as of 2020 to his 2nd wife after his first wife and two daughters were killed in a tragic auto accident. His family is so important to him that all those years in the Senate he had no home in D.C., but spent 4 hours in travel each work day between his home in Delaware and the nation's capital.
Wayne Morse has been rated as one of the most liberal U.S. senators ever. "In high school, he developed his relationship with Mildred "Midge" Downie, whom he had known since third grade, and who was class valedictorian and class vice-president the same year Morse was president." Although a Republican when first elected to the Senate in 1945, he gave the Democrats the majority by joining them in 1955.
"Looking at what might normally be considered "moral issues," the January 2005 issue of The American Prospect reported some startling comparative statistics on human behavior in red states and blue.
In red states in 2001, there were 572,000 divorces; in blue states, only 340,000.
That same year, in the red states of Louisiana, Mississippi, and New Mexico, 46.3 percent of all births were to unwed mothers; in blue states, the average was 31.7 percent.
[ from Bill Press's outstanding book, How the Republicans Stole Religion, pp. 2-3 ]
- The per capita rate of violent crime today in red states is 421 per 100,000; in blue states, it's 372 per 100,000.
- As of 2000, the five states with the highest rates of alcohol abuse were red states. The five states with the highest rates of alcohol abuse among 12–17 year-olds were also red states.
- In 2002, the per capita rate of gonorrhea in red states was 140 per 100,000; in blue states, it was 99 per 100,000.
Entertainment vs. Public Service
In response to an ignorant defender of Republicans, who wrote to criticize my support of Democrats over Republicans on the morality front, I did a little research and sent her this response based on what I found :
"My dear Jane,
You are so uninformed, that it is scary! You say that "Judging by the low morals of Democrats (as demonstrated by the devotion to libs shown by the degenerate Hollywood crowd), I'm sure there is plenty of dirt to dig up on Democrats."
Which party thinks so highly of "the degenerate Hollywood crowd" that it selects them to run for and to fill high offices on its behalf?
- Where did your "holier than thou" Republican Party recruit Ronald Reagan to run for governor of the most populous state in the country and then president?
- Where did your "holier than thou" Republican Party recruit Arnold Schwarzenegger to run for governor of the most populous state in the country, California?
- Where did your "holier than thou" Republican Party recruit Fred Thompson for the U.S. Senate and then for the U.S. Presidency?
- Where did your "holier than thou" Republican Party recruit George Murphy U.S. Senator from California from 1965 to 1971? The answer is Hollywood. He was an actor, dancer and former president of the Screen Actors Guild.
- Where did your "holier than thou" Republican Party recruit Sonny Bono (whose widow replaced him) for Congress ?
- Where did your "holier than thou" Republican Party recruit Clint Eastwood to run for mayor of Carmel-by-the-Sea, California?
- Where did your "holier than thou" Republican Party recruit Fred Grandy (Love Boat's "Gopher") for Congress ?
- Where did your "holier than thou" Republican Party recruit Shirley Temple (Black) to be a U.S. ambassador to Ghana. (She was obviously qualified to represent the U.S. in a black African nation, because she was married to a guy named "Black").
- Where did your "holier than thou" Republican Party recruit Charlton Heston to lead its powerful lobbying group, the National Riffle Assoc., if not Hollywood?
In contrast to the Greedy Old Party, the only Hollywood actors the Democratic Party has tapped to run for high office on their behalf, have been:
- Nancy Culp – (U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania), who was best known as Miss Hathaway from "The Beverly Hillbillies".
- Ben Jones – (U.S. Representative from Georgia from 1989-1993 before losing to Newt Gingrich) who was best known as Cooter Davenport from "The Dukes of Hazzard".
- Sheila Kuehl – (A California state senator) who many years previously had been a child actor on "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis"
- Ralph Waite – (U.S. Representative from California) who was best known as the father from the TV show, "The Waltons".
- Helen Gahagan Douglas – (U.S. Representative from California for three terms until 1950 when she ran for the U.S. Senate and lost against Richard Nixon). She was a broadway actress who made just one Hollywood movie before going into New deal politics.
- Jerry Springer was in show biz, but not Hollywood, and that was after he had served as the Democratic mayor of Cincinnati.
– Ann Coulter, nationally syndicated conservative spokeswoman ( such a lady ! )
- Right-wing pundit Ann Coulter titled her August 30 syndicated column on the Rhode Island Senate race: "They Shot the Wrong Lincoln." The headline is a reference to Sen. Lincoln Chafee (R-RI), whom she excoriated throughout the piece – calling him a "half-wit" and a "silver-spooned moron" – while expressing her support for his challenger in the September 12 Republican primary, Stephen Laffey.
This is not the first time Coulter has alluded to killing those she disagrees with:
- Commenting on radio host Melanie Morgan's assertion that, if New York Times executive editor Bill Keller were convicted of treason, she "would have no problem with him being sent to the gas chamber," Coulter said, "I prefer a firing squad, but I'm open to a debate on the method of execution." She later suggested that (other) Times staff members should be "executed."
- Coulter said of the suggestion that media had been hurt by the military: "Would that it were so! . . . that the American military were targeting journalists."
- Coulter suggested that Rep. John P. Murtha (D-PA) is "the reason soldiers invented fragging," – military slang meaning the intentional killing of a member of one's own unit.
- Coulter argued that the national debate during the Monica Lewinsky controversy should not have focused on whether former President Bill Clinton "did it," but rather "whether to impeach or assassinate" him.
- Coulter said of Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens: "We need somebody to put rat poison in Justice Stevens' crème brulée.''
- commenting on the young American who fought with the Taliban, in her address at the "conservative Political Action Conference" (CPAC) in 2002 : "When contemplating college liberals, you really regret once again that John Walker is not getting the death penalty. We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed too. Otherwise they will turn out to be outright traitors."
( Coulter would obviously like to be among those doing the killing of college liberals. But she is totally oblivious of the fact that the Taliban which Walker joined are ultra-conservatives who hate the United States for being such a symbol of liberalism! I trust that she is likewise ignorant of the fact that John (whose last name is Lindh, and whose middle name is the same as George W. Bush's), joined the Taliban at the very time the the U. S. A. had given the Taliban government of Afghanistan 43 million dollars. If John Lindh was an enemy of the U.S. for helping the Taliban at that time, then so was George W. Bush. Thank Mammon for "Christians" like Coulter! When asked where she worshipped, Coulter answered "Redeemer Presbyterian Church", in Manhattan. Funny, but the membership secretary of that church has no knowledge of Ann Coulter EVER having attended her church! conservative "Christians", however, view Ms. Coulter as an authority on Christianity.)
Also, check out this excellent exposé of Ann Coulter .
Here's the best exposé on David Horowitz that I know of.
and here are answers to Republican propagandists like Sean Hannity's and Bill O'Reilly :
When Republicans say they aren't truly trying to get rid of Social Security, along with the rest of the New Deal, ask them what their flamboyant spokeswoman meant when she said, "I think we had enough laws about the turn-of-the-century (1901). We don't need any more." Asked how far back would she go to repeal laws, she replied, "Well, before the New Deal. . . would be a good start." – Politically Incorrect May 7, 1997
[ F.D.R.'s fascist enemies surely didn't have Jesus in mind when they referred to his "New Deal" as "the Jew Deal", but perhaps there was more truth in that name than they knew, since the "New Testament" is just another way of saying "New Deal"]. and
"It would be a much better country
if women did not vote".
[ a "quote of the year" dug up by David Sirota, Air America talk show host. ].
Check out the 2008 book on
the way the secular U.S. media
was duped into believing
the myth of
the overwhelming power
of the "Religious Right" :
After setting out to write a book about how grave a problem we had in America with overmedicating our school children, what author Judith Warner fround and documented in her book, " We've Got Issues: Children and Parents in the Age of Medication" was that the problem was seriously over-blown and that parents and educators for the most part are tackling the issues involved very intelligently.
Republican Roman Lee Hruska was a United States Senator for Nebraska, from Nov., 1954 through 1976. In 1970, as the highest ranking Republican member of the Judiciary Committee, he urged the confirmation of G. Harrold Carswell, whom Nixon had nominated to the U.S. Supreme Court on the grounds that "... there are a lot of mediocre judges and people and lawyers. They are entitled to a little representation, aren't they?"
Gallup 2009 poll results, asking Americans
how they identified themselves
Change in the # of Americans
agreeing with the statements
in the left-hand column :
| Controversial issue:
| "Religion as a whole is loosing its influence on American life."
| "Organized religion should have less influence in this nation."||22||34||+ 12
| "Having a baby outside of marriage is morally acceptable."
| "Gay relationships are morally acceptable."
| "Divorce is morally acceptable."
| "Sex between an unmarried man and woman is morally acceptable."
| "Stem cell research on human embryos is morally acceptable."
| The data above appears to have come from data collected |
by the Pew Research Center, by way of the New York Times
[ http:/graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/other/26blow4_charts.pdf ].
Here's much more from Pew Research:
Clergy and Mainline Congregants
on Social and Economic Issues :
| ||% of
|% of All|
|Legal in all cases||17||13||23
|Legal in most cases||33||38||40
|combination of the 2 above|
(i.e. generally supportive )
|Illegal in most cases||29||42||27
|Illegal in all cases||18||7||8
|combination of the 2 above|
(i.e. generally opposed)
|Unsure / don't know||3||–||2
| ||% of
|% of All
|Gay couples allowed to marry||29||33||34
|Gay couples allowed civil unions||28||32||36
|combination of the 2 above|
(i.e. generally supportive )
|No legal recognition||37||35||26
|Unsure / don't know||6||–||4
guarantee health care
| ||% of
|% of All
|Strongly Agree / Favor||32||38||29
|Agree / Favor||27||29||32
|combination of the 2 above|
(i.e. generally supportive)
|Disagree / Oppose||20||13||20
|Strongly Disagree / Oppose||17||8||14
|combination of the 2 above|
(i.e. generally opposed)
|Unsure / don't know||4||12
Although Ray Dubuque enhanced presentation of the chart above, |
all of the data is from www.publicreligion.org/research/published/?id=167
( and from this PDF file,)
Take it from Stephen;
there is much more
where this came from, at my
I told you so.info website.
If ever you are moved to critique,
support, or enlighten me,
here's the way to do it :